Sunday, February 13, 2011

Marriage, civil divorce, annulments, and gay marriage.

It was a tad long at 13:00 minutes. But content was good and it moved along.
The constant theme and the take-away/thesis: Marriage is noble; Our Lord's high regard for marriage enables us to look at these things, i.e. civil divorce, annulments, and gay marriage and understand them properly.
I also emphasized how this is a very personal issue, effecting those who are close to us in challenging ways.
Another point of emphasis was how important it is for us to have a proper understanding of these issues given how much misinformation is out there. It's good to help people, for instance get passed the not-to-uncommon misunderstanding that "I'm divorced, I guess I'm going to hell."

Anyhow. I'm gaining confidence with the touchy topics. And sure enough the comments after Mass were nothing but positive. There were many deliberate expressions of gratitude for talking about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment